Seattle VW Show Part II, Toms addendum...

At 08:04 AM 7/21/97 PDT, Toby wrote:
>Well, I entered in the show and got promptly stomped!

Ahh.. but it was great to finally see all the "gadgets" on his car.

>I got to meet Tom and saw his purple '72 Squareback.  Wow, it's nice!

Ohh.. garshkk.. thanks Toby. I did think about showing but because I have
not done much of the work "myself" yet, I felt like I would have been
cheating. Next year though...

>...as I'm just looking at it and thinking
>"this blows my baby away...").

Standing still maybe. Say, anyone ever thrown a blown 440 Magnum into a
Square? ;) I'll give him a run for his money on the drags next year!

>I didn't see the drag races but they went all day and many were happy with
>them.

I caught a few heats. It was actually my first time seeing VW's drag
before. What a trip! Seeing Gene Berg popping wheelies was fantastic. Next
year we'll have to get all the NW listers there and have a Type III Mail
List entry in the push drag contest.

As we were walking around admiring others rides, Toby pointed out to me a
'69(?) SqrBk with reverse engine cooling vents. I had never heard of this
VW "booboo" before, does anyone know the complete story (and who got fired
because of it)?

On a negative side note...
My Square started leaking oil something fierce on the way home and my
clutch began chattering *very* badly when letting it out into first only.
Does this sound like a bad main seal which is leaking into my clutch?

T o M
*·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸¸.·´Ż`Thĝmċ§ Ġf The Çlċn Mögĝmbû§·´Ż`·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸¸.·*
                http://www.wolfenet.com/~peaceman
               I was raised super strong  and hard
           but if you touch me wrong I might fall apart
          I found a woman who's soft but she's also hard
            and while I slept she nailed down my heart
                    -- MORPHINE "All Your Way"
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ