6-->12 V, pans, & other nightmares!

Helloo, peoples,
The thing with 6-->12 volt conversions is that you either chase down
every little 6 volt bulb and part and replace them with 12 volt (wiper
motor, radio, instruments, etc.) or you go with a voltage drop. A
potential problem with voltage drops (Volt-Adjust, I think is one brand
name) is that the by product of a voltage conversion is heat, and that
heat has to dissapate somewhere. Just be careful where you mount those
little suckers, watch how much you power off of them, and make sure that
the connections are secure and corrosion free. I have seen at least one
flamed Type I that was a victim.
Next, Type 3 Detectives in Great Britain has all steel pans for our
little babies, I believe quarters and half pans are available. They are
@  "t3d@wildhq.demon.co.uk" for e-mail and their website is
"www.wildhq.demon.co.uk/t3d/". I have ordered from them, but yesterday I
found that my shipment is in Chicago somewhere in Customs hell,
apparently, and I am in a fax frenzy trying to keep up with the DOT
forms and power of attorney nonsense. I believe we had a discussion
about importing parts here in the recent past, it's too bad that I
glossed over it rather than study it carefully. Good luck to everyone
else.
David "Yes, that's Type III, ma'm, it's a car. No, they are legal in the
US. Customs duties?, what customs duties?, I thought those were taken
care of. ARRRGH!" Walters
'73 1600 cc's of grey market Notchback
S. FL USA