The stories you hear when you shop for a car

Some time back I read a newspaper ad for a Squareback down in St. George,
Utah.  I phoned the lady owner to discuss the condition of the vehicle.
During this conversation I specifically asked her if the T3 had any rust or
major dents. No, she responded, the body is fine.  I reiterated my
question, explaining that I didn't want to drive the 50 miles to look
at a car if it had rust or needed major body work. Oh no, she assured me,
everything is just great.

So, I drove down there and even before I pulled up by the Square, I could
see that the driver's door was caved in and the tail gate had been hit
really big time.

The lady came out to show me the car and I asked her why she hadn't told me
about the damage to the door and the tailgate.  "Oh," she said, "the maid
did that, so it doesn't count."

Sad to say, this story is true, and true to say it is sad.

Oh well, at least I got to see the gorgeous scenery between here and St. George
one more time.

Anyone else got any true but strange (or strange but true) yarns?

Phil
dillard@suu.edu