FWIW on Dropped spindles

Last year I talked to a couple of VW shops that were selling dropped
spindles asking about the variety of drops available.  Unfortunately,
because of the speedo cable mount/input and the steering arms (or
something), the spindles are dropped a minimum of 2 inches (that's 5cm for
the purer measurement).  That pushes the edge of what I'd call a mild drop.

If they've found a way to fab a more milder drop (3.8cm/1.5") and still
retain the use of the stock speedo the let us know.  I'd really like to be
wrong!!

     Toby Erkson
     air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
     '72 VW Squareback 1.6L bored and stroked to 2.0L
     '75 Porsche 914 1.8L for sale
     Portland, Oregon
     http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/8501/