Volunteer Bug Jam

Hi Everybody!
It's getting close enough to metion the upcoming Volunteer Bug Jam @
Chilhowee Park in Knoxville, Tennessee.  Slated for the event are the
following:
1944 Schwimmwagen demonstration; 1949 VW police car; demonstration of
"several commercial VWs";  "Oktoberfest in August" with a German Bier Garden,
Fest-food, and an Oom-Pah band. I've never been to a VW show; so, this sounds
great to me!!
The guy in charge of the festivities is Tom Underwood (anybody know him from
other shows?)  (423) 579-5272.  He's been driving T3s daily since the early
70's and has several squarebacks in various states of repair as well as many
others VWs at his home.  Also planned is a 1973 Thing GIVE-AWAY!!  It's
restored; I've seen it.  All of this will take place August 2-3.  Call Tom
(he's not on the 'net yet) or e-mail me for details if you need 'em.

On a different topic, I've installed the passenger side fiberglass pan I got
last week, and I'm impressed.  It's quite sturdy and a perfect fit. I'm sure
my neighbors at our apartment complex appreciated the Sawzall (sheepish
grin).

That's it for now. Oh, and Graham you'll see another pre70's T3 if you
attend- Dudley!

See ya,
Mike Kasold
'67 squareback "Dudley"