Front glass and rubber

While finishing the paint prep work on my '63 notch, I was told that the
front glass would prevent the car from passing state inspection. It has a 3"
crack in bottom center that continues to grow slowly. If anyone has info on
where to find a windshield and the rubber (with crhome slot) I'd be most
grateful. I know these are hard to find, but I have nowhere else to turn !

Oh yeah, while sanding, I noticed the deck lid and front hood had 11 coats of
primer ! This is an original paint car and I wondered if anyone else has ran
across this before. The question is why would VW bother ? One more thing, I
bought this car in '93 and with it came the window sticker, thank you letter
from factory, insurance cards from Vienna, warranty invoices (from hood cable
replacement), maintenance logbook, and lots of other paperwork, thought you
guys would llike to hear that.   Bye !

Kevin