Re: Timing advice

The 009 distributor is difficult to time.  Since the distributor is
capable of 27 degrees of advance, you need to set it at about three
degrees, for anything above 30 degrees full advance is wrong for a near
stock engine.  Of course, there is no three degree mark, so all you can
do is estimate.  There are thirty lobes on the pulley, so from a valley
to the top of a lobe is 6 degrees.  If tdc is in the center of a valley,
thirty degrees is at the top of the third lobe.  Use a timing light to
check the advance at high RPM to see that is is not higher than 30
degrees.

Tim Dapper