Subject: Re: seats
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    7/15/97 9:24 AM

Josh, since nobody else has replied your seat question, I'll give it a
shot.  You will want to use the regular latch to slide the seats as far
forward as you can, and then there is a little latch gizmo on the inner
rail, near the tunnel(at least on my '71 square) that you will need to
lift with a small screwdriver to release the seat the rest of the way.
If your rails are in bad condition, as mine are, a 400-Lb gorilla may be
helpful, as the seat will tend to be sticky when it slides forward.  I'm
not sure where you can get new rails (the plastic slides), WCM didn't
have them when I called, maybe Bill & Steve's might be able to get a
set.  Good luck!
--
Jake Kooser
'71 Squareback (the little girl)

http://www.eurekanet.com/~jake/svvchome.htm
The Southeast Ohio Vintage Volkswagen Club

"Racecar spelled backwards is racecar"