Re: 69 automatic(most of the time..)

On 11 Jul 97, David Raistrick wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Melissa & Jim wrote:

> He mentions it only happens occasionally, right? Not every time he
> does this shift...

Oh, I guess I missed that.  Being intermittent doesn't really help
explain anything, however.  It just makes it harder to pin down;-)

> Makes me think of a loose mount or something that sometimes is out
> of whack, if you know what i'm getting at..(i have a linage problem
> with my p'up that will occasionally go into 1st, or reverse, or 3rd,
> all in the 1st gear possition...(turns out to be some missing
> bushings on the relay bracket...hmm..)
>
> I'm thinking something similar in the cable run for the linkage..

The cable is easy to adjust, so there is really no harm in trying it.
 Unlike most cars, there's really no linkage, but there are some
pivots and some of these could be worn, and sometimes they might end
up in slightly different places...???  I would look at the shift
mechanism between the front seats in that case.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                             Madison, Wisconsin