Re: 69 SB automatic

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Allan Erush wrote:
<snipple>
> no remains of a kickdown switch on my car when I got it..I've never even
> seen one so I can't fabricate one..When the kickdown switch is engaged
> by the throttle what gets switched where to make the car downshift? Does
> a switch get grounded or power applied to it?? Could someone explain it
> to me so I can hook one up and tell my car he's getting a TURBOCHARGER
> that will make him overtake other cars like the were standing
> still......

Well, here i can be more than vauge...:)

The kickdown switch originally applied +12v to the kickdown solinoid (i
think thats what it was called...:) in hte tranny...You should find the
remains of a wire hanging off off the front/middle of the tranny.

That should be it...apply +12v to it, and it will down shift....(i used
to fun mine in the dash, but i ended up just shifting on my own instead...:)

later.....david
--
Keeper Of The Light: Pushing Back The Darkness at
 http://www.armory.com/~y21cvb/west/darkness.html

The Turning 40 Nostalgic VW Service Tour, and Search for the Beginning of Wind
 http://www.armory.com/~y21cvb/charlie/charlie.html

'75 Retired Westy-Canadian Model, Cody (storage shed)
'69 Westy, Itchigo (daily driver)
'69 Offroad Beetle, Lifted and Uncut! (project)
'81 Rabbit Pickup, Diesel (awaiting frontend transplant)

xi8940@freenet.tlh.fl.us.......Located in Augusta, Ga