Re: Window rubber preservative?

At 10:08 AM 7/10/97 -0800, Todd Hanson wrote:

>     >>It is definitely worthwhile to preserve your old ones.  The best
>     >>start is to never use them as arm rests.  Super glue actually does a
>     >>very good job of gluing rubber, but make sure you don't glue the
>     >>rubber to the glass!
>
>     What can I use to spray or wipe on the door and window rubber to help
>     preserve it? I am sure that Amour All would hurt more than help. How
>     about Clear Guard? There must be a penetrating oil or other type of
>     liquid that could help keep the window rubber from cracking. Thanks
>     for your suggestions.

I remember reading somewhere -- I thought it was in my owners manual -- that
talcum powder is recommended for keeping the rubber fresh on our cars.

Larry

---Larry Edson                  Campbell, CA
   http://www.freeyellow.com/members/type34/
   '66 Type III Ghia - 343 (restored)
   '65 Type III Ghia - 345 (electric sunroof)
   '65 Type III Ghia - 343 (for sale)
   '63 Type III Ghia - 343 (project)
   '49 Ford F1 pickup