'70 brake calipers

Salutations fellow T-III nuts!
  I've been reading along with you for a couple of weeks and you all seem
to be an A-1 group
of car folks!    I live in Central MO (the land of 4X4 Ford trucks) and
good VW's are getting
scarce.  I have owned 3 SB's ('68, 70,& 72) with a total cash outlay of
maybe 700 bucks.  I guess the moral to this is to keep searching the weeds.
 I bought the last one from a guy on the side of  I-70 for a grand total of
fifty bucks!  The battery went dead and the FI quit working and  he gave
up.  Drove that one for 130k!!

anyway I'm negotiating for a 70 FB, t he body is okay, the paint is chalk,
and the calipers are gone.  How much are front calipers going for new/used
and where can I get them?

BTW  I saw a type 3s in a junkyard that was in good shape...if I could only
remember where...
and my '72 had a chrome rack.
thanks Theo B--3sb,1 T1, and a '78 Audi Fox Wagon
ezytrb@mail.ultraweb.net

Life is short,  eat the dessert first.