Outside window scraper seals

My outside window scraper seals (for the window that rolls up and down) are
starting to wear out.  They have a crack running part way down the middle
of each seal, causing the seal to not fit tightly against the window.

Well I called around for pricing and it seems that because the outside
scraper seals are integrated with the window chrome stripping, they are
approx $140 per side!  That is a little exorbitant for me right now so I
was thinking that, since my seals aren't missing any pieces and they are
still sort of pliable, I could just use something like silicone to seal the
cracks so the door doesn't fill up with water once it starts raining.

Has anyone done this?  Can anyone recommend a product, preferably black in
color so it's not too ugly?

I would like to use something that will essentially melt the rubber back
together if possible.  That way, I can force the seal to be as tight as
possible against the glass and retain its scraping properties.

Thank you,
Everett Barnes
ebus@ebus.simplenet.com
1965 Squareback 1500 S and a 1955 Kombi