re:speedo question

On my '73 Square, I found it easiest to remove the clock (which itself
was made easier when I first removed the speaker in the middle of the
dash,) then pinched the tabs on the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock position
together.  At this point, you pull the whole mechanism out towards you
and disconnect the wires.  (Make sure to label the wires somehow, clean
the contacts, and possibly even replace burned out lamps in the clock,
speedo and "idiot light" cluster.  ( By the way, I also fabricated and
replaced the "glass" on the speedo with new lexan plastic.) The hardest
gauges to get at are the "idiot" lights (i.e.-oil, fuel gauge, etc.)
Good luck!

Mark Garcia
73 Squareback (Off the road and ready to be torn apart)
78 Vespa P200e
81 Vespa P200e
78 BMW r80/7