Pressure sensor observation and ?

I have had a couple of FI cars that never ran quite right at low
speeds.  They tended to buck instead of running smoothly.  I believe
they also had one other symptom in common.

If you ran the engine at idle and slowly depressed the throttle, they
would drop in RPM quite noticeably just off idle (I assume as the
throttle valve switch came off the idle contact) and then recover
with additional throttle.

Do any of you have these symptoms?  If so, I believe they may be
caused by a presure sensor which is causing the FI to run too lean.
I would like to look into a solution for this, but I'd like to know
how common it is first.

Of course I'm assuming that compression, ignition timing, and valve
adjustment are all correct first.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney