Subject: Re: Jumping a 6-volt car with a 12-volt battery
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    7/5/97 7:37 AM

>For those interested, the basic result of all the feedback was this:
>Don't ever do it!

All I have to say is I'm GLAD my 73 is a stick......my 70 was auto and I
had to have it jumped once or twice.  I had to insist to some people that
they not hook their 12V battery to my car...one of my know-it-ALL
co-workers was forcibly removed from my car...they treated me like an idiot
for not accepting a jump too.  But hell what can I expect, I'm a girl and
girls don't know anyting about cars.....right?  :PPPPP

BTW, can someone please back me up on a trivial point?  Eric doesn't
believe that people don't let old VWs pass them om the highway...he thinks
my driving skills (or lack thereof) is the real problem and I'm looking for
an excuse...:)

Shannon Darosett, St. Louis, MO USA
'70 Fastback (R.I.P. death by rust)
'73 Fastback (wounded)