Re: I'm in smog test Hell!

Paula - I'm guessing that you have F.I, correct? One culprit could be the
Pressure sensor that has been talked about in recent post. According to Ben
Watson's book, "How to tune and Modify Bosch Fuel Injection", and I
quote,"The most common symptom from a defective pressure sensor is a rich
running condition. ...Usually a simple resistance test of the coils is enough
to determine if the unit is good or bad...Terminals 7 to 15, should be 90
ohms.The resistance between the other terminals (8 and 10) should be 350
ohms."

Hope this helps!

-Wilson
69' Square

<<I have been patiently waiting for the car of my dreams,
 a beautiful '70 sqbk. It has been over a month now and over a half a dozen
tests and it still hasn't passed smog. The California standards are
ridiculous, and i know legislation is in the process of being passed to make
it easier for later model cars, but i'd love to have it now!

The problem seems to be the fuel mixture, they say it is too rich. It will
pass the idle test, but not the high rpm.

Any suggestions? the guy i'm buying it from is no VW expert, he's actually a
Nissan mechanic. So other than bringing the smog guy a keg of my homemade
stout (which is delicious) i don't know where to go from here. Anyone else
experience this kind of problem and solved it in a creative yet legal manner?

Paula >>