Re: Starting problem

My 71 SQ has been giving  me alittle grief to because its a pain getting
started that first time of the day. I might crank it 10-15 sec but i
still have to crank it and it ALWAYS idles right away with no problem but
i dont get it. IT has 2 single barrels. One on each side and i cant
figure this out either. the only thing i never tried yet is setting my
timing and changing my fuel pump for no reason but hey, you never know.
let me know what you all think because these old things should always
start right up. My other VW's always started right up and i never had a
problem like this.
This 71 square back is my seventh VW!!!!!
so i know alot mechanically. Im just now getting into the glorifying body
work part of it.

I need an experimental VW beetle somewhere i can weld on.
If anyone knows of a nice VW with a decent body cheap motor or not let me
know.

From,(swaffordvw@juno.com)
71 Squareback Need Quarterpanel work otherwise perfect Cond.
83 GTI Rabbit 150K and still kickin.
Do You Do Quarterpanels EXPERTLY??? Email Me if You Do.