Re: New with VWs

1) A 009 is a mechanical advance distributor.  Stock applications use a
vacuum advance type.

2) For a built engine such as yours I say use Castrol Syntec 20w-50 or
Mobil 1 15w-50 synthetic motor oil.  If you have the cash and some time
(takes a day for a mechanic) I highly recommend you install a full flow oil
(filtration) system.  Gene Berg is what I used and would recommend nothing
else.  Use nothing but the highest pump gas you can buy (92 in the US).

3) ?  Don't put stickers on her!  If you mean the circle VW and
'Volkswagen' rear hatch script look in any VW magazine or catalog.

4) Look at my web page on my baby's stats page.  Don't change the gearing
in your tranny.  Everything you see there will apply to your vehicle (and
many stock vehicles as well), just don't change your spark gaps to what
mine are!

5) Mandatory:  Buy the Idiot's Guide to Volkswagens and a Bentley shop
manual.  These will answer many common questions and allow you to determine
if you can make the repair yourself.
     Toby Erkson
     air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
     '72 VW Squareback 1.6L bored and stroked to 2.0L
     '75 Porsche 914 1.8L for sale
     Portland, Oregon
     http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/8501/