Read on 'cause this gets better!!!!

Hi folks

Last weekend I came across the most incredible find I ever made!

I was following up a lead on some tail light lenses for my Variant,
when the person I spoke to mentioned that he has lots of official VW
books and other stuff in his store room. Yes, he says to me, I am
welcome to have a look and if there is anything I want, I can have
it. No, he doesn't want a lot of money for it - I should pay him what
I think is right!!!!!

As you can imagine, I got into my car and rushed straight to him.
This guy's store room is mind-blowing! Its like taking a trip back
into history, he has been collecting and selling old car parts for
years - you name it, he probably has it somewhere! He has technical
manuals and parts lists and workshop bullitins piled waist high
around the walls of this place, not only VW's but other makes as
well. I spent about 2 hours there and I found the following stuff:

Two complete workshop manuals for the VW 1500 '61 - '64.
One complete workshop manual for the VW 1500/1600 '65 - '67.
One workshop manual for the VW 1600 Automatic Transmission '68
onwards.
One workshop manual for the IRS manual transmission as well as all
models equipped with double-jointed rear suspension.
One provisional manual for the Bosch D-jetronic fuel injection system.
VW special tools catalogue '61 issue.
Part two of the official VW parts list for the type 3 updated up
to 1973.
Lots of VW technical bullitins issued from mid sixties to early
seventies.

Oh, and of course two tail light lenses!

I am going back there next Saturday to look for some more stuff!

If anyone would like something copied from the above literature I
would be happy to do it. Just tell me what you want to know and I'll
check if I have the info. If I do I'll sent it via snail-mail. Just
don't ask me for a copy of a complete manual, cause they're as thick
as two telephone directories and twice as heavy! The fuel injection
and transmission manuals aren't that much (apporx. 50 pages) so I
recon I could make a copy of the whole thing if anyone wants it.

BTW I'm having my Variant's seats re-upholstered and its also getting
a set of new carpets custom made. I can't wait to see the results!

Regards

Adriaan Loedolff
adriaan@norton.ctech.ac.za
'69 Variant Automatic