Electronic Ignition

I use Pertronix's in both of my FI's Type III's ('70 Sq and '71 Fastback).  I agree that it is a tight fit but if you make sure that they
sell you the right model there is no rubbing.  On my first install they gave me a Type I and the rotor cap rubbed the pickup
sensor.  But with the right model it's works great.  Didn't realize the Compufire didn't require a rotor change, this is probably a
better way to go.  Since they use the same theory/technology (Hall Effect) to operate and they cost about the same the rotor
compatability is nice.
Craig Woolston
'70 Sqback and '71 Fastback
cwoolsto@ladc.lockheed.com