Fender Beading

>From: parkkj@orion.crd.ge.com (Keith Park)

>     Unless your Aaron you'll never find good NOS fender beading in your color
>so the only option is black.  I know from experience that you DONT paint the
>car with the beading installed which leaves only 1 option that I can think of.
>Using a flex agent and paint the beading and install it seperately.

Keith,

What do you mean by "flex agent."  When I was faced with this dilemma my
painter suggested that he just paint the beading separately from the car and
then I could put it on.  The paint was fine, but the old beading had shrunk,
and getting it on was a bitch.  He recommended a bucket of hot water to warm
it in. I would make sure you only try this on a hot day.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                             Madison, Wisconsin