Rev. light switch

"I was wondering if anybody out there has a genuine VW or for VW switch
thingy that goes on the back of the speedometer ..."

Aaron:

I picked up something you might have some knowledge of...

It's a switch that mounts unside the tunnel under the shift coupler
access plate (by the vin #s).  It is held by an arm and is activated by
a lever connected to the shift rod, so that when the rod moves to
reverse it hits the switch turning on the reverse lights.

Heard of this?  Do you know any additional info about this?
(Manufacturer, dates, etc.)

Big Al
awpresley@earthlink.net