Re: '68 sqback miss

At 1:27 AM -0000 1/23/97, Melissa & Jim wrote:
>Thanks.  Type IIIs were oficially imported into the US 68-73, and all of

	Earlier; officially to U.S. in late '65 for the '66 model year,
according to numerous period magazine articles (Forbes, R&T, Motor Trend,
etc.) & VW books!

>these were FI.  These were also the only years that the FI existed.  Does

	I'm with you there!  You know, I had email from one Californian w/
a carbed '68 that swears up & down that the smog folks are happy with it.
I just don't buy it...

>anyone else know what years they were oficially imported into Canada.  I had
>always been led to believe that earlier carbed Type IIIs were imported into
>Canada.  Anyone know for sure?

	VW sent a Notch on a publicity tour of Canada in '62, if that
helps; photo on the (almost finished updating!) T3 pages.

-Greg
'71 squareback
'63 Beetle