Re: Re[2]: Leaking Windshields

>From: Larry Edson <sonofed@ix.netcom.com>

>I seem to recall hearing or reading that VW was the first automaker to use
>this process of dipping the complete body to get primer on the whole car.
>But the rockers, which could have used it the most, didn't get coverage on
>the inside.  So, while its a great idea, it shows that doing an incomplete
>job is not much better than if they had sprayed the primer on.

How do you know that the rockers were not painted inside?  I have never seen
the insides of one except long after the paint was irrelevant.  Doesn't the
pinch weld at the bottom have periodic openings that could have been to let
the paint drain out, or is this just for water?

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                             Madison, Wisconsin