Auto Tranny Drive Plates

     Craig,
        I would suspect that their is something wrong with the balance of
     the torque converter or an alignment problem.  We know that the stock
     motor is not a monster HP producer so I don't think you would break
     several from fatigue.  Possibly one but not more than that.  Our flex
     palate is pretty close to the same gauge as a chevy flex plate.  These
     withstand HP's greater than 300 all day long.
         I would also think that you would experience some problems with
     the main bearings and crank if you were out of balance bad enough to
     break a couple of flex plates.  I recommend checking the alignment and
     spacing.

     As for whoever asked where to find a flex plate I would just hit all
     the Junkyards.  I have not had a terrible problem finding automatic
     parts in the Jyard.  I don't remember what type of conversion you were
     trying to do but remember that the autostick and fully automatic flex
     plates are different when you are looking for one.  One has three
     holes and the other has four.

                                Jason Renville
I would rather attempt something great and
Fail than attempt nothing and succeed.

Jason_Renville@ccm.al.intel.com
69 Fastback second owner.

 I have had some trouble with Type III drive plates over the last year.
 I have had several break on me.  I have yet to determine if
the plates are just plain fatigue cracking from age or from a misbalanced torque
converter.