Hi all! Just a few newbie questions. :)

>From: "Tom Slick" <Slick@hula.net>

>First, mine seems to eat Generators (At the rate of about 1 a week) It has
>a new  one now, along with a new battery, and wiring harnesses all the way
>from the dash back (To include relays) any ideas?  Also if the generator is
>ok what would make it stop charging?  The guy I bought it from thought it
>was improper grouning so he grounded the tranny to the same body ground
>that the Battery is grounded to.

Depends on what you mean by "eat."  If the brushes get worn out the
commutator needs to be turned, and it may already be undersized.  If it seem
to get hot and shor out then you may not have the cooling air entrance hole
pointing straight down:  There is a straight line stamped into the body that
needs to be lined up with the dot in the middle of the retainer strap.

Or you might just have a regulator that has contact points that are sticking.
Replacement is the only cure for that--buy genuine Bosch only.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                             Madison, Wisconsin