Re: Purging air - huh?

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, Toby Erkson wrote:
> How does pumping the pedal, with only the fuel pump running, purge the fuel
> lines of air?  I know running the fuel pump will pressurize the system, so

	There are a number of electrical contacts in that switch (is it
twenty?); each one you pass through as you push the pedal down causes the
injectors to open.  This device (the throttle position switch) is the
analog of a carb's accelerator pump.

	(Please correct, Jim-meister.  You feelin' the need for a D-Jet
FAQ yet??? :)

-Greg
'71 squareback
'63 Beetle