Hi

Hi everyone:

As you may have noticed from my previous postings, I'm interested in wierd
(relative to my Canadian perspective) production air-cooled VW's.  I don't
currently have a VW on the road, as I can't afford it right now, and living
in an area that's just crazy about road salt makes it impossible to keep an
older Volkswagen on the road year round.

Since I was 16, I've owned (and parted with most of) the following VW's,
most of which have been clunkers, but learning experiences, nontheless: '71
Super Beetle, '71 Window Van, '68 Squareback (parts), '60 Beetle (last of
the 36hp, manual choke), '69 Camper Van, and a '73 Beetle.  The '60 Beetle
and the '71 Window Van are still at my parent's farm in Alberta, awaiting a
decent restoration.  (I'd sell either to a person with the right intent --
both have surprisingly good bodies).

Anyhow, I'd like to hear wierd VW stories, Type III or otherwise (perhaps
send me private mail if it is non-type III), VW automobiles or VW
industrial/commercial products (anyone with a farming background might
remember the "Spra-Coupe" that used an I/C Type I engine; I've only seen
one I/C type III engine, used in portable high-volume water pump at a fire
station in Jamaica).

Regards,

Douglas Taylor