Re: Re[2]: Type III heating system insulation

At 07:27 AM 1/10/97 PST, Toby Erkson wrote:
>What I hear you guys are saying is that there is asbestos lining INSIDE the
>exchanger, correct?  I thought it was just on the outside.  If it's just on
>the outside how can the dust be getting on the inside?

Someone in an earlier post suggested that, if the heat exchanger rusted,
asbestos particles could be blown into the cabin.  That's an excellent
reason for checking the condition of your heat exchangers.  I'm kind of a
purist though and would be inclined to put the blanket back on after
checking.  The asbestos is sealed in a cloth cover, I think.  Or does that
just cover the outside of the blanket?

Larry

---Larry Edson, Editor
   Karmann Ghia Club of North America