Re: Notch resto

Jacob,

>It is a 67, but was made Sept 1st 1966.

You have an EARLY '67 (many differences).

Your '67's chassis number is before 221975?  This is when 1600's started
acording to VW.  Chassis # 315 048 102 (should be a '65) has a 1600 in
it.

Make sure you gave them the chassis number and not the engine number,
because the engine could have been replaced.

In 1964, VW started the dual carbs (S models, N was a higher output{?}),
on all T-3's that I remember.

According to my books, all 1600 engines had dual carbs. Chassis #315...
had a 1600.

On the other hand (I hate "OTOH"), many people disliked the dual carbs
and their balancing problems, so they could have switched back to the
single side draft set up. At that time they were still available from
VW.

The NOS rubber is still available, although not through VW, I have
picked up MANY NOS rubber pieces, you just have to search.  It takes a
LOT longer and a lot more money.

>From a budget standpoint, WCM is the easy and fast way to complete it.

Big Al
awpresley@earthlink.net