Re: Notch resto

> First off, if your notch is a '67 it should not have a single carb. It
> should be dual carb'ed.
	I was under the impression there were N's and S's, having to do
with the number of carbs.

> And the engine should be a 1600, not a 1500. I know you can't tell the
> motor size by looking at the case, you have to research the Case # and
> that is only truthfull if the case hasn't been altered.
	I checked the VIN with VW Germany and they told me everything
about my car, including the engine number, which was listed as a 1500,
and matched the number on my block. It is a 67, but was made Sept 1st
1966.

> (new old stock) rubber.  This is actual VW stock unused parts that are
> left over from the original production.  These are the ONLY rubber parts
> that will PERFECTLY do the job and be a correct restoration.
	A little bird told me they have run out...

> This may only be a concern if you are WANTING to build a perfect
> restoration, some do.
	As best as I can...on a poor college student budget.

Jacob