Re: Type III heating system insulation

Keith Park wrote:

> One more thing I'll add as noone else has,
>
> If your HB's are missing the wrapping (insulation wrap and stone guard covers)
> it will work less efficiently.  These are often missing or taken off by PO's
> cause they tend to trap moisture.
>
> Keith

My heaterboxes are missing the insulation and not by accident. I do have
them in a tight plastic bag in my garage. Why???, you might wonder. Very
simple, they get wet and make the heaterboxes rust and secondly and most
importantly..... they're made of white asbestos. I like my lungs too much
to expose them to asbestos when the heaterbox rusts through, blowing the
stuff in with my hot air. I don't fancy the idea of developing
mesothelioma or lung cancer. I do smoke however, ain't that funny.
Cheers,
Theo