Re: Electronic VR

>From: Larry Edson <sonofed@ix13.ix.netcom.com>

>That's less than I paid for my last Type 3 VR.  Will it work on 6 volt?  I'm
>starting to sound like a broken record here.

I would be interested in seeing if I could get a 6 V version to work also,
but I am skeptical about whether the electronics itself will work on only
6V.  I am willing to try, but the 12 V version will have to fly first.

For the record, if I ever get this unit out it will work on any 12 V VW
generator.  It would be easy to make a special version for the 71 buses that
have the larger generator.  All other 12 V type 1,2,3 use the same regulator
as long as they have a generator.

Cars using an alternator with an external VR would be yet another version.

Sorry, I don't see any reasonable way to make a higher output generator.
Plus I really don't see any advantage, either.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                             Madison, Wisconsin