Dizzy problems

Jonathan=> Tried to get the dizzy out of my '63 Notch with no success.

All you have to do is remove the 13mm holding the clamp to the block,
the distributor and clamp should pop right out. You may be fortunate
enough to have a distributor O-ring that actually seals, which would
make it a fairly tight fit. In any case, removing the distributor is not
called for if all you want to do is replace points & con, it only
creates more work.

=> Decklid stifles dizzy?

I agree with GregM on this: if you have cheapo plug wires that come out
straight from the cap, as opposed to angle plugs at the cap, they
might be grounding to the lid. They might also be grounding out
somewhere else or to each other when the lid closes and moves them around.
Angled, high-quality, no-leak wires are called for on every T3 imho.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
Editor, Flat Four Fetish Features
'66 Type 343 Ghia