Re: Electrical Question

From: parkkj
Date: Friday, January 03, 1997 10:39AM

> if you have one made up your looking $300 or more.

Absolutely not a problem - I was expecting maybe 1/3 the value of Fort Knox.
 Like what all of the rubber is going to cost! :)

>Wires dont wear out! their connectors do.  I'd still say that 75% of your
connectors are good.

I probably should have (re)mentioned that the car sat out in the elements,
untouched, for 15+ years - windows open.  Nothing in this car can be assumed
to be good.  Fuse box has been shredded.  Since the PO abandoned the car and
we've  never talked to him, our best guess is that there was some electrical
bugaboo that wasn't (to him) worth fixing.  PO made a criminal attempt to
rip everything out and that's where we are now.

Our saving graces are:  1.  it was FREE; 2.  except for the pan, rust is
typical and actually not that bad; and 3.  less than 40k miles on it.

So... knowing that  we are attempting to raise the Titanic here, does any
one have any suggestions?

Emily
'64 Notchback 1500S
'69 Westfalia