RE: Pulley Bolt

>Hi All,
>        does anybody know how thick there pulley is? Mine is only about 1/2
>inch thick and I think a 3 inch bolt will be to long.
>Later,
>
>Marty Gray           | Without Weapons The
>Abilene, TX          | Air Force Would Be
>pinball@camalott.com | Just Another Airline
>1996 Dodge Ram CC SLT
>1968 Volkswagen Type 3 FB (The Egg)

The pulley is about a 1/2 inch thick where the belt rides but overall it has other dimensions.  The total thickness of the fan is 1
1/2 inches + and the hub itself goes back into the fan housing quite a bit ( ie 3 inches), maybe your fan that comes with A/C is not
the same as stock.  Look in Bently page 13 of the Engine section for a good picture of what the fan looks like.
Craig Woolston
'70 Sqback and '71 Fastback
cwoolsto@ladc.lockheed.com