Re: T3 Parts Books

At 05:33 PM 2/10/97 -0500, Alan W. Presley wrote:

>Each type of VW had it's own book.  There is a Beetle parts book, a Bus
>parts book, a Type 3 parts book, a Ghia parts book (which included the
>type three Ghia model except the mechanicals), etc.

My reproduction copy of the Type 3 Ghia book is one of my favorite books.  I
have learned a lot of obscure, but helpful things about my cars from going
through it.  I only wish I had the engine parts book.

Then last week I saw a very rare parts book.  This book was the first parts
book for the Type 3 and is written in French.  It includes ALL the parts for
the 1962 Type 3s (Notch, Square, & Ghia) including the engine parts.  The
exploded drawings in it have a background with a different tint (other than
white) which means that a more expensive 2-color printing was done.  Because
it has no updates, I would guess that it was replaced later on with the Ghia
parts going to the Ghia book.  It is on loan right now with the intention of
having it reproduced.  I can't wait.

Larry

---Larry Edson, Editor
   Karmann Ghia Club of North America