71 Engine idle problems and oil leaks

Hi all,

	Well, I replaced all the fuel lines in the FI system, and that seems to
have taken care of the fuel leaks from the hoses (the gas tank leaking
is another problem entirley - any suggestion??).  I started the car, and
went for a test drive and I noticed a loss of power.  I have only driven
this car twice before this, so I took the same route as I did before.
The road goes up a very steep hill, and before, the car went up it in
third gear with power to spare.  Now,  I was just able to make in the
second, and then I finley had to drop into first to get to the top.  I
noticed when I got home, the there was oil leaking from the engine.  I
could not tell where it leaked from, but there is a nice puddle of oil
in my driveway now.  I do think that the seals to the oil cooler are
bad, can they be replaced with the engine in the car?  I have not done
ANY work to this car other that the fuel lines.  I need the check the
valves and change the oil and plugs, points, etc... .  Other that the
standard tune-up procedure, what should I look for/check.  I really
don't want to pull the engine yet, but if I must, the I must.  Please
give me your thoughts and ideas on what I should do.

Car info:1971 Squareback
	Manual trans
	Fuel Injection
	rusty floor pan - passengers side only :)
	Idle is bad - fluctulates (sp??)

BTW, I got this car the other day.  Towed it home, put in gas, charged
battery and made my first test drive (the one with good power).
Replaced fuel lines, and now have poor performance.

Thank You,

Stuart Neil
Chattanooga, TN