another body question

>From: Volksfolk@aol.com

>I have another stupid question.I have seen many pre-70
>T3's that have different front air vents, I have seen ones
>like this (IIIIIII)   (IIIIIII), and like this (IIIIIII    IIIIIII). (one is
>raised in the center and one is not.) So why are they
>different? Mine is a '65 and like the first, I saw one last
>nite like the second ones. And all my friends T3's are
>either raised or not! I just cant figure it out!

I don't think I had ever thought about this, but now that you mention it I
think that I have seen ones like you describe.  Mine are all IIIIIIII
IIIIIIII, that is, no depression around the vent slots.  I think the others
are earlier styles and they probably vary by year.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                             Madison, Wisconsin