Re: Breather Assembly and Rear Engine Mount

>From: Joseph Gray <pinball@camalott.com>

>I'm going to try it without the rear mount and see if there is much
>movement. If there is I'm going to make a bracket to attatch to the breather
>and the rear mount.
>
>What all does the rear mount consist of? When I removed the two bolts
>holding it to the body the round thing came off. Is it supposed to be that
>loose or is mine worn out? It seems to me it should be tighter.

The round metal thing has a round rubber thing inside it.  Together they
bolt to the underside of the floor and provide a slight amount of "lift" to
the "handle" that bolts through the fan housing to the breather stand.
There are shims that can be added/removed to get the right amount of "lift."
 I have some of these shims if anyone needs a couple, but usually people
need to remove them.

>What is YMMV? I've never seen that one before.

Your Mileage May Vary.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney