Re: Breather Assembly and Rear Engine Mount

At 04:29 PM 2/17/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Okay, I got it now.  I think you just need the oil filler/breather
>functions.

Exactly

>As I recall you have a 68 or earlier, so you don't really need the extra
>rear support for a type I engine (after all, it's not used in the type I)
>but if you are adding the extra fan housing, etc to the rear, then the load
>has gone up.
>
>The choice is obviously yours, but this sounds like something I might do in
>a moment of weakness only to have it bother me until I corrected it.  YMMV ;-)

I'm going to try it without the rear mount and see if there is much
movement. If there is I'm going to make a bracket to attatch to the breather
and the rear mount.

What all does the rear mount consist of? When I removed the two bolts
holding it to the body the round thing came off. Is it supposed to be that
loose or is mine worn out? It seems to me it should be tighter.

What is YMMV? I've never seen that one before.
Later,
Marty Gray           | Without Weapons The
Abilene, TX          | Air Force Would Be
pinball@camalott.com | Just Another Airline
1996 Dodge Ram CC SLT
1968 Volkswagen Type 3 FB (The Egg)