Breather Assembly and Rear Engine Mount

Hi All,
       I picked up a type I motor for my fastback today so I have a couple
of questions. I don't care about originality (form follows function).
       Is it possible to to drill and tap a type I motor to use the type III
breather/oil filler assembly?
        How important is the rear engine mount? I'm talking about the upper
one on my 68 fastback, not the lower bar on the later models with no frame
horns.
Thanks,
Marty
Marty Gray           | Without Weapons The
Abilene, TX          | Air Force Would Be
pinball@camalott.com | Just Another Airline
1996 Dodge Ram CC SLT
1968 Volkswagen Type 3 FB (The Egg)