Re: Fiberglass floor pan?

>We just aquired a 1971 Squareback and are planning to fix it up. Today
>we tore out the front seats and carpet, needless to say we found some
>rust.
>
>The battery pan is completely gone. There are 2 fist size holes in the
>floor behind the front seats. The areas of rust give a warped appearence
>to the metal.
>

>We want to replace the pans and were wondering about the fiberglass pans
>by Innovations in Fiberglass.
>

>Has anyone tried them? What do you all think? Thanks for the input.
>--
>Ford and Lisa Donald
>
>mailto:fordd@macconnect.com
>http://www.macconnect.com/~fordd/
>
>Web Design for Fun, Profit and Job Security - Internet and intranet web
>pages assembled, boxed and shipped complete!
>
>Driving a '64 Ghia Coupe with no heat, a/c, radio, back seat... and
>strangely loving it!

No, I have not used the fiberglass floor pans myself, I do have a cat. from
Innovations in Fiberglass, as well as a breif installation page for the
floor pans (as I am thinking of using them myself).

The installation sound simple enough, that just about anyone should be able
to do it, and here is the best part......they say you dont need to take the
body off the pan! They look like good quality (as much as I can tell from
the photo in the cat.)

If you want more info, from them talk to Ralf...right now he is trying to
make a mold from a pair of Squareback rear hatch hinge covers I sent him (SO
ALL OF YOU KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED), cause if he makes a good set, then he
will sell others.

Sean
'69 Square
'71 Square (parts)