Re:diagnosing T3 problem! + another question adj valves.

On 11-Feb-97, Sonya Herrera-Wilson wrote:
>At 07:15 PM 2/9/97 PST, you wrote:
>>I bought a fuel pump relay a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised
>>to find that Bosch is spec-ing a $7.00 fog light relay as a cheap
>>replacement for the $30-40 often hard to find original.
>>
>>Rich Mason
>>69 Square
>>71 Bus

>O.K. folks,

>Regarding the above note.

>I called Bill & Steve's with the T3 p/n for fuel pump relay and was given
>cross reference Bosch p/n0 332 019 150. Of course, they didn't have the
>part.  So I called and found it from a local place.  The plugs look
>different (new being smaller) and are configured different (plugs lined
>differently).  The original VW part has two numbers 311 906 061 then 0 332
>003 021.

>Was I given the wrong part?  The old part is 12V 10A, the new 12V 30A.

>For some added confusion...The box says 0 332 019 150 then 010.  The part
>itself only has the #0 332 019 150 no additional #'s and is a 30 amp relay.

>One more thing...The local guy ordered this in the morning-said it was going
>to be expensive--a whole $6--Then had it before 1pm;-)Too bad it doesn't
>seem like its going to work.

>Thanks for all the help you've ALL provided so far...

>Sonya
>'71 Fastback
>'70 Fstbck - 4 parts

Sounds like you've got a plain old Bosch universal 12volt 30amp relay used
mainly for twin horns, higher wattage Q/h headlight globes, fog lights etc..
Should work as long as you connect as before, if you have a Bently W/shop
manual, check in the electrical section, wiring diagrams A,B & C  you'll see
the relay terminals are numbered the same (30 [or 30/51] - 85 - 86 - 87) even
if in a different position.
Andy - Australian T3 Register