Re:diagnosing T3 problem! + another question adj valves.

At 1:13 AM -0000 2/11/97, Sonya Herrera-Wilson wrote:
>One more thing...The local guy ordered this in the morning-said it was going
>to be expensive--a whole $6--Then had it before 1pm;-)Too bad it doesn't
>seem like its going to work.

	Are you now 100% certain that it's the relay?  I guess it's not
that expensive to replace, but as others have pointed out, you may need to
clean (cheaper) or replace (more expensive) your distributor f.i. points.
A fault there could cause the relay to make noises.

	It is likely that the relay you got will work just fine; a relay is
just a switch, and a 30Amp relay will work just fine when replacing a 10Amp
relay.  Your old one could take up to 10Amps, and the new one is happy all
the way up to 20Amps.  (Don't use the same logic with fuses, though...!)

Good luck,
-Greg
'71 squareback
'63 Beetle