Re: Intake manifolds

SeanU=> dual-carb. manifolds?

Yup.

=> yes they do make aftermarket manifolds.

Who? Can you point me to a good source?

JimA=> I have often heard that it is counterproductive to try to get
    => intake manifolds smoothly polished.

I'm hip. We won't be polishing them per se, but there's a lot we can do
to ensure that we're only getting the right kind of turbulence and
the engine is breathing at its best. My engine man has been racing
flat-fours for years, and is a real wiz at head flowing and engine
balancing.

=> A taper pin might be best.

This sounds like the best engineering. We have to balance the machining
hours against the cost of fresh manifolds, of course. Seems like a lot of
fairly close-tolerance work.

=> What carbs are you using?

PDSIT 32s

=> Could you just use the '67 OE DP manifolds?

Seems likely. I'd really like to find out what options are available.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 Type 343 Ghia
comwest@well.com