fuel injection problems

>From: "(CLASSIFIED)" <surfer@prairiewe.com> (by way of Greg Merritt)

>I've been having problems with the idle and choke on my '71f.i. Fastback.I've
>checked the pump,lines, air clener,fuel filter,presure sensor and injectors.
>
>The car idles high when cold then low when hot and my fuel consumption is
>the same as a '71 Cadillac, if you know what I mean.

Check your charging system regulating voltage.  Connect a voltmeter between
ground and one of the terminals of the fuse box that is "live" while the
engine is running.  If the voltage you measure there is much below 14 V with
the engine revved up a bit, then you need to replace the voltage regulator
(under the back seat.)  Low system voltage makes the D-Jetronix run rich.
While this is a very common problem, it may not be YOUR problem.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                             Madison, Wisconsin