Wiper refill problems

Hiya,

	I recently went through a little bit of a fiasco with getting 15"
wipers that actually fit my squareback, and it seems like I'm not alone.
Check out this question below that I got from somebody, and my response.
Anybody got more input?

-Greg
'71 squareback
'63 Beetle

> (1) What length windshield wiper do you use?  For some reason, lately the
> 15" size tends to ride off the outside contour of windshield's right side.

        Man!  I *just* went through this a couple of weeks back!!!

        The problem seems to be that certain combos of blade/blade
holder just stick up too high, and that some so-called 15" blades are
a little bit longer than others.  Here's what helped for me... I noticed
that if you install the blade refill from the bottom of the wiper, it
sticks up really high.  If you install it downwards from the top of
the holder, it sits lower & won't lift off.  Man, I know *exactly*
what you've been going through.  Oh--the Bosch refills were worse than
the cheapos...!