Questions.

T3,

I have the chance to buy some used and very cheap body parts as spares for
my 1967 Square.  However, the vehicle that has been broken down for spares
is a 1966 Fastback.  I am interested to buy a few things from the seller,
but I have to make sure that these parts will fit correctly as they are
quite far away and I will not have the chance to see them.  I checked
Greg's TIII pages but could not find any mention of these parts in the
changes through the years section.  Maybe someone knows - in light of Al's
trivia ...

Here are the Fastbacks parts in question:

   -- doors: I already have 2 '67 NOS doors (primered, still in the box
from VW!), but they are both passenger side.  Will a '66 driver's side FB
door fit on my SB?

   -- fenders: I need a right front fender.  Is this
compatible/switchable?  I suppose the question of front indicator and side
marker would be the only worry.  Are they the same for '66 & '67?

   -- dash: is the dash cover the same?  Mine is unblemished, but an extra
can't hurt, especially @ $20.00.

   -- gas tank: will it fit?  We will cut on tank in half and weld in a
section to make the tank oversized, i.e., will add about 15 litres of gas.
Mine may already be fighting some rust.

That about does it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Patrick

*                  P A T R I C K   J O E L   M O R T O N                     *
*                   The University of Turku, Finland                         *
*                       patmor@polaris.cc.utu.fi                             *
*      		        GSM +358 (9) 40 502 2654			     *
*        	          FAX +358 21 250 1671      	                     *
*		    There I am, please, be in touch ...		             *